Monday 18 October 2010

We got married in September 2010 and despite wanting to organise the big
day ourselves it was pointed out to me by a friend at work that on the day
itself we would need someone to 'manage' the celebrations. Initially I was
skeptical and was convinced such a person would not be required.
However, as we had decided to arrange our own marquee venue , caterers,
band etc I did suddenly ask myself ' do I want to be sorting out any issues
and delegate jobs on my wedding day?' The answer was no so I reluctantly
gave Julie a call !
I am delighted to say that I was 100% proved wrong and not only did our day
need Julie but it simply wouldn't have run so perfectly without her.
Everything and I mean everything behind the scenes was organised by her
from giving my Dad a lift in the morning back to the house when he was left
by the ushers at the marquee, being at the church to ensure the ushers were
doing their jobs , guests were getting on the buses in time after the
ceremony , ensuring last minute dietary issues were resolved , making sure
the band etc were fed to dashing to the supermarket to pick up more ice and
beer for the bar staff !
All of these things you may think don't need overseeing or that the last
minute hiccups won't happen at your wedding I can assure you they will and
the only way you will avoid people knowing about them is to employ a
wedding co-ordinator.
Julie was undoubtedly the unsung hero of our wedding day and deserves every
success / award Essentially You is presented with.
Well done and thank you
Annabel and David Finlay

No comments:

Post a Comment